Thursday, September 12, 2013

Berry College Football Manicure

I kind of hate football. When our alma mater Berry College talked about starting a football team we were against the idea, but made the long drive to see their first game and visit with college friends last weekend. In honor of the occasion I pulled out my stamping plates and did a football themed manicure in Berry's colors ~ blue, white, and silver.

Berry College Football Nails

Color Club's "Cold Metal" is the base color of all of the nails. The index finger was stamped in silver (Pure Ice "Silver Mercedes") with a small football helmet from Cheeky plate CH35. I used a dotting tool to fill in the empty space with two rows of white dots (Milani "White on the Spot"). The middle finger was stamped with Konad's white polish and the stars from Cheeky CH51. I also dotted the center of the larger stars with silver ~ hard to tell in the pictures! On the ring finger I stamped a few footballs from CH35 in a copper polish, Essie "Penny Talk". And then on the thumb and ring finger to make things simple I just dotted a polka dot pattern in silver.

Unfortunately it was so blazing hot at the game we were all drenched in sweat and miserable by kick-off and left shortly after. We headed over to McDonald's with some friends who also have young kids to enjoy some cold drinks and air conditioning while the guys watched the game online. Berry got beaten pretty badly, but at least I got a few compliments on my nails! ;)

No comments: