I was excited to try Our Best Bites' tip for getting crispy oven baked wings, and we were really blown away with the results! They have the same nice crunch as restaurant wings, but without all of that oil for frying. And you don't even have to worry about continously basting, just toss them in your choice of sauce afterward.
Crispy Baked Wings
4 lbs. chicken wings (separated)
2 Tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1) Move your rack to the lower middle spot and pre-heat your oven to 250 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and top with a wire rack or slotted pan. Spray with oil or non-stick spray.
2) Pat the wings with paper towels and toss with the baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Arrange the wings skin side up on the rack in one layer and bake for 30 minutes.
3) Move the oven rack up one spot (upper middle) and increase the temperature to 425 F. Bake the wings for 50 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Toss finished wings with your choice of sauce and serve!
I like to make a few sauces (and maybe set out a few bottles of pre-made sauce) when I make wings, so everyone can choose how many they'd like of each flavor. We've tried out lots of sauce recipes, but the only one we've been wowed by so far is this Sweet & Savory sauce.
Sweet & Savory Wing Sauce
1 tsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. water
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. ketchup
1 Tbsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. minced garlic (2 cloves)
1) In a small bowl or cup, mix the cornstarch & water. Set aside.
2) In a small pot over medium heat, mix the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a low boil, then stir in the cornstarch and cook for 3 minutes to thicken.