Friday, June 18, 2010

Truffle

The last few weeks we have been puppy sitting for Justin's parents' dog, Truffle. (Well ~ at 12 years old he is not really a puppy, but a tiny little guy none the less.)

Truffle with Hot Dog

Truffle on the couch

Indy was not phased at all ~ he did live with Truffle for the first 2 years of his life, after all, but I'm sure another dog or cat would be a different story. 4 days left, pup!

The last couple of days have been somewhat grumpy ones. I finally finished painting the crib, after weeks of working on it off & on applying 5 coats of paint, only to discover that it is missing a few important pieces & so we probably won't be able to use it after all! The price is not really an issue ~ we bought it cheap and I've already marked a few cheap replacements on Craigslist ~ but I am very upset that all of that painting time was wasted and I will probably want to spend time to paint the new one as well. The baby will be sleeping in a bassinet in our room for the first few months, so there is time to get a new crib ready, but I was just so happy for it to finally be done! Never trust 'all pieces included'...

And then this morning I woke up with the worst pulled muscle in my neck that I have ever had. If I lean or turn to far to the right I am yelping out in pain, and occasionally the muscle likes to just spasm on its own & cause intense pain regardless of my movements. I really wanted to skip my weekly doctor's appointment at 8:30 this morning, but I was able to finish up all of my work pretty quickly and we don't have any plans tonight so that I can sit around with a heating pad tied to my neck. Here's hoping tomorrow will be a good one!

No comments: