Friday, August 6, 2010

I'm back?

Wow! It has been a crazy few weeks. I mean, we knew it would be a lot of work taking care of a newborn, but we had *no idea*.

I also made the mistake of not limiting orders early on, so I only had a few days of real 'maternity leave'. I assumed the small amount of work I took on would be no problem, especially with Justin at home for the summer, but was not expecting to be unable to sit comfortably for three stinking weeks! (The ninth month of pregnancy was rough, but I would gladly trade it for the first two weeks that came after the birth. Yikes!)

If we had set the main computer up so that I could use it on the couch, it would have been no problem, and you would have seen me around here a little more! Instead, any time I could stand to be in a chair was dedicated to work, but I have spent a great amount of time surfing the net one handed while breast feeding. The little guy likes to eat for an hour or more at a time, and then is hungry two hours later. Did you know breast feeding is a full time job?

Well, this week Justin is back at work and we are on our own! I did turn down or delay about 5 orders though, to give me a chance to get caught up & to keep from going insane. It has gone pretty well, but evenings are eagerly anticipated, and I am so ready to have Justin home for the whole weekend!

Anyway ~ Yesterday Orson hit four weeks and will be a month old this Sunday. I've got a few more shots from his actual birthday to share with you and then I need to round up the rest of his pics and post some more recent ones! I've also got a lot of ambigrams to share, coming soon...

Orson - really newborn!

Check out the nails!
Orson - birthday, nails

Orson - birthday, prayer

Orson - birthday, paw

Orson - birthday, robots

No comments: