Thursday, May 29, 2014

Roasted Potato, Chicken, & Corn Chowder

One of my favorite recipes from the Japanese recipe blog Just One Cookbook isn't Japanese at all! Occasionally she'll share other recipes, and the Chicken & Corn Chowder with Roasted Potato looked too good to pass up!

Roasted Potato, Chicken, & Corn Chowder

We've made this one many times & it is definitely a winner! If you follow the recipe exactly there is way too much broth though, so now we use 3 cups less (5 cups water, 4 tsp./cubes bouillon). When I checked the recipe she based it on they used about the same. Not sure why she added more broth and photographed it with hardly any, but it's delicious either way!

Last time I made it I threw the potatoes & onion in the oven earlier in the day to roast, and dinner went together in about 15 minutes! (We garnished with 'real bacon bits' instead of cooking bacon) After that I had some extra potatoes and onion, so I went ahead and roasted another batch to store in the freezer for next time. The whole thing would work well as a freezer meal, and you could even add the canned corn later to save room. Yummy!


No comments: