Friday, July 17, 2015

5:2 Update - Week 26, Month 6

This has been quite a crazy month! We managed to keep up with our diet days, but otherwise eating & exercise were all over the place....

The first week I busted my butt working out and watching what I ate on non-diet days and only lost 1 lb. I miss the early days where I could easily loose 2 lbs. a week, but I think I must just be to the point where the loss is a little harder & slower. Either way, after doing the same amount of work the week before & losing nothing, I'll happily take the pound!

Then I was suddenly hit with fever and exhaustion. It hurt to swallow and I was nauseous, so I had little appetite. Exercise was out of the question. After a few days I was feeling better other than the sore throat, and a week later I thought it had gone away.... only to come back that night with a vengeance. I stopped by Urgent Care, found out I had strep, and got some meds that helped clear it up quick.

The next week I was feeling mostly better, and kept telling myself I needed to start exercising again, but with our busy schedule I couldn't seem to find the time or motivation. Even without doing a bit of exercise those two weeks (other than hours & hours of painting our bedroom, haha), I ended up losing about 5 pounds! I'd already been feeling a little burnt out doing so much exercise lately, so this encouraged me to cut back a little there and focus a little more on what I eat.

Week 4 I forced myself to start exercising again, but only about 10 minutes of strength (Pilates) and 10 minutes of cardio (Zumba) each weekday. I don't know how I managed to do 30 minutes of cardio for so many months, I could barely make myself do 10 this week! This week I only lost about 1/2 a pound, but considering I didn't gain back all of the weight I lost from being sick, I'm pretty happy with that!


Total for the month ~ 5.8 lbs. and between .25"-.75" off the waist, hips, and thighs!

Total for 6 months ~ 29+ lbs., 5"+ off the waist, 4" off the hips, and 2"+ off the thighs. Woohoo!

Purple hair & dress

And I had a nice moment today... I pulled out a purple dress that I haven't worn in a long time because it was too tight. Even now I was wasn't sure if it would fit, and the thing was positively baggy on me, haha! I still wore it though because it looks nice with my new fuschia hair!

No comments: