Thursday, August 18, 2011

Alice & Hitchhiker's Tattoo

I've added a ton of ambigrams & other designs to my Flickr, getting caught up with all of the work that was waiting to be posted here. I came across one that I definitely wanted to share with you.

The customer who had this ambigram of mine tattooed previously...

"Aloha" Ambigram Tattoo


... contacted me about making a large piece that would wrap underneath it and cover most of her back. She had been working with another artist who disappeared mid-project and we kept the roses, crowns, and 'card' outlines from those sketches. The rest really needed to be scrapped & re-done though!

The piece gives nods to "Alice in Wonderland" and "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" while keeping the style of the "Aloha" embellishments throughout. I love the way it turned out!

Alice back tattoo design

No comments: