Friday, January 27, 2012

Asian Lettuce Wraps

Here is a recipe I've been working on for a *long time* girls, so I hope you give it a try! After many trials & tweaks I think it's ready to share.

Asian Lettuce Wraps
Asian Lettuce Wraps

Have you ever eaten or made lettuce wraps before? I've had them a few times & they are tasty but always end up dripping sauce down my arm. And if you make them at home it is no fun trying to pry apart the leaves of Iceburg lettuce into usable pieces - it tears so easily! (our grocery store doesn't carry any fancy alternatives)

I decided to take a few aspects from different recipes we'd tried to try to create the perfect wrap - taking the healthy fillers from one, the tasty sauce from another, and the idea for using Romaine from a third. After adding a few extra tweaks to get rid of the drippy-ness, we have a winner!

No comments: