Thursday, January 12, 2012

Late, late...

No time like the middle of January to post Christmas foods, right? Ah well, I think I've given up on punctuality for now. Usually I have a lull in orders right after the holiday but not this year! Not a bad thing, just busy.

Spaghetti Casserole

We cooked one meal while we were staying over at Justin's parents' this Christmas & decided to try out a new recipe ~ a spaghetti casserole with cream cheese & topped with french onions! It was really delicious, we even made it again this week. (We did ditch the green bell peppers, but that was just my preference & they would work well if you like them.) You must try it!

Jello Glass Blocks, 1

We also brought a dessert we'd whipped up at home ~ some Jell-o with a fun stained glass, mosaic kind of look. I got the idea from my favorite food blog here & used some pretty Christmas colors.

Jello Glass Blocks, 2

They really did turn out just like the pictures & were pretty easy to make, but I don't know... they just didn't have that 'ooh' factor I was hoping for? I can't really explain why. A block by itself was rather pretty, but I couldn't figure out how to arrange a jiggly tower nicely on a platter. And I was expecting more of a cream-sicle taste from the addition of the sweetened condensed milk, but it really just tasted like straight Jell-o. I'm not sure that I would make it again, but it was fun to try.

Jello Glass Blocks, 3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stained glass jello?? That is such a cool idea!