Thursday, December 5, 2013

Hectic Holidays

December has arrived and I feel like my to-do list is a mile long & constantly growing! I don't know how anyone has time for one of those daily activity advent calendars ~ maybe when the kids are older? Orders have been dead the last few months & of course they suddenly decided to pick up now, but I'm not going to complain about that one!

We managed to get out of cooking for Thanksgiving this year and it was great! While I do love cooking for people, I am not a fan of traveling around to multiple houses and trying to transport food to each. Do you bring something lukewarm, try to heat it there, or bring a cold desert (even though you usually leave before desert is served)? No good options. This year the first family ate at Cracker Barrel (which is as crazy on Thanksgiving day as you'd assume), so we just tacked a couple of pies for the 2nd family on our bill and called it a day!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies - "33"

This year Justin's birthday actually fell on Thanksgiving and mine was a few days earlier. We had to go very low-key this year and pretty much just went out to eat, but I did get up a little early on his bday and made some of his favorite No Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter, & Oatmeal Cookies. I spooned them out into a large "33", and when it cooled down a little bit it was easy to smooth and reshape as needed with my fingers. There was a little bit leftover so I just rolled that into balls, then I started cooking some yummy breakfast sandwiches. He was quite pleased!

No comments: