Wednesday, November 12, 2014

2014 Halloween - Costumes & Food

I've been so busy posting all of the Halloween cuteness on the kids' blog that I'm a little late sharing it here! This year Orson (4 yrs) wanted to be a "pumpkin, with a little pumpkin hat" ~

10-14 Orson's costume, 1

2014 Fall festival, 9

And we re-used his old Ewok costume for Pandora (1.5 yr) ~

10-14 Panda's costume, 1

10-14 Panda's costume, 3

We were sick the two weeks before Halloween & had to re-schedule our party. Luckily everyone was free for the new date! We didn't dress up on Halloween, but did the day after for the party. I don't know if we will bother to next year though!

I dressed as Ariel (Little Mermaid), when she first gets her legs & wraps up in a sail ~

2014 My costume

Reference pic ~



Justin was Heisenberg from Breaking Bad ~

2014 Justin's costume

Reference pic ~



I didn't go crazy with the food this year but made a couple of things. Here are the creepy & delicious Mummy Meatloafs. Here are some general directions, and I used her Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf recipe. Yum!

Mummy meatloaf

I also made these Pumpkin Dinner Rolls that got bumped off of last year's line-up. They were very tasty & cute, but only a few really looked like pumpkins & the rest were blobs. The recipe made a *ton* & we ate these for days! I probably won't make this one again.

Pumkin rolls

Our friends brought over some Bloody Band-aid Cookies ~

Bloody bandaid cookies

And bloody cake!

Bloody cake

Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween! And now we are weeks away from Thanksgiving and multiple birthdays. Yikes!

No comments: