Thursday, September 17, 2015

Mini Biscuit Pizzas

When I saw these Mini Biscuit Pizzas, I thought they just might be a big hit with the kids. The dough is a little tricky to spread out thin enough, so I do that part and they have a great time loading on the sauce & toppings (with a little guidance!). We've made them several times lately, and one morning I even whipped one up to stick in Orson's lunchbox (then Pandora and I made some of our own at lunch time).

Mini Pizzas, kids working

Just take one Grands Homestyle Biscuit and spread it out a little in your hands. Lay it on a baking sheet and press (or roll) it out more until it is about 6 inches wide. You can fit four per pan.

Mini Pizzas, kids

With my narrowest pan I had to make long ovals rather than circles for them to fit.

Mini Pizzas, long

Spoon on some of your favorite sauce and spread it out with the back of the spoon. The kids like to use tomato/spaghetti sauce, but I always reach for BBQ sauce or ranch dressing for mine! (With chicken, bacon, onion, and sometimes mushrooms. So good! I've converted many people to Chicken Bacon BBQ pizza.) Sometime soon I really want to try for something Asian with a creamy peanut sauce. Yum!

Mini Pizzas, BBQ & Ranch

Sprinkle on a little shredded cheese, most any kind is fine, and then round up your favorite pizza toppings. Pepperoni, chicken, bacon, sausage, peppers, pineapple, onions... whatever you like! Everyone can customize their own, so picky eaters will be happy. And it's a great chance to experiment with new flavors!

Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown, and serve.

The kids were so proud!

Mini Pizzas, Orson

Mini Pizzas, Panda

If you are in a rush, I recently made a similar pizza on a tortilla for a quick kid lunch. (Just broil for a few minutes until the cheese is melty.) It wasn't quite as good, and seemed a little greasier, but I've always got tortillas on hand!

No comments: