Monday, January 4, 2016

My New Christmas KitchenAid!


This year for Christmas my husband went 3+ times over budget to buy me a beautiful new KitchenAid mixer! He was very sneaky about it, telling me the giant, heavy box was tools for his brother. He also wrapped up some snacks & cheap things for me so I had a few gifts under the tree. It wasn't until his brother was opening gifts that she said, "Oh, wait, I just realized I got the tags switched on these two." (he'd already clued his brother in on it) and of course I was completely shocked about the whole thing. (He'd worried if he had my name on the giant box I would figure it out, but I don't think I would have ever guessed that!)

My new KitchenAid!

So pretty!

Previously I had a small, red stand mixer that was about $60 and sometimes it was a bit of a fight to use it. It liked to walk across the counter, dough would travel up the beaters into the machine, and I had to constantly scrape the sides while it ran. I still used it a few times a year though, and so I'm hoping to use the new one even more!

Alton's Soft Pretzels

I used it for the first time last week to whip up a batch of Alton Brown's soft pretzels. These turned out a little prettier & smoother last time ~ maybe it was because I used flour on my work surface this time instead of oil? (the recipe said oil) Either way they were *so* good. My son quickly asked how many there were, because he wanted more than one, and we gobbled them up quick!

No comments: