Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Peppermint Pinwheel Cookies

For Mache's shower I knew I wanted to bake something sweet, and I had these cookies on the brain (Recipe here). I had actually bought unsalted butter for the recipe maybe a year ago and procrastinated so long that we finally had to toss the butter out. This was the perfect excuse to try again!

The shower colors were pink & brown, so I ditched the colorful sprinkles in favor of chocolate brown sprinkles. The slight chocolate flavor went well with the peppermint & reminded me of Thin Mints at times. And they didn't take as long to make as I would have expected!

Peppermint Pinwheel Cookies, 1

I think these would be fun to make with green and white spirals and Christmas colored sprinkles for the holidays. Or change up the flavoring and you could use any color combination.

The only change I made to the recipe was adding a couple of Tbsp. of water to the dough to help it form together. I was able to get about 3 dozen cookies out of each batch (I made two), but you've got to slice them pretty thin. (They probably were a darker pink that the photos, but they were long gone by the time I was editing the pics for color matching.)

Peppermint Pinwheel Cookies, 2

And here you can see part of the table set up with the cookies & rose wreath together ~

Peppermint Pinwheel Cookies, 3

No comments: