Sunday, July 1, 2012

Dinners for the Week(s)

Asian Lettuce Wraps

Justin’s mom and I traded off cooking the week that Orson and I stayed with her. I made ~

Hearty Won Ton Soup - This recipe makes a bazillion won tons, so I hadn’t made it in quite a while. The folding takes a long time, but it’s worth it because you end up with lunches & dinners for days. I would recommend boiling the won tons & then removing them from the liquid & storing the two separately so they don’t fall apart in the broth.

Asian Lettuce Wraps (pictured above)


Sausage, Lentil, & Kale Stew

Last week we made ~

Sausage, Lentil, & Kale Stew (2+ dinners, pictured above)

And tried two new recipes!

Skinny Onion-Barbecue Chicken (2 dinners) - Not sure what makes this one ‘skinny’ (the fact that it has Weight Watcher points listed? Wouldn’t mind seeing the calorie amount) but it was easy & tasty! The ‘onion’ is actually crushed French onions used for the breading.

I pretty much followed the recipe for this one but I spooned on & spread out the sauce & breading mixture instead of dipping it. No waste! And I didn’t particularly measure the BBQ sauce amount. Yummy.

Potato-Fennel Hash (2 dinners) - We had this on the side with the chicken. I’ve never used fresh fennel before & was a little scared of the strong licorice smell as I sliced it up. We are not fans! Luckily that mellowed and it added a nice flavor with the potatoes & onions. I doubled the recipe except for the fennel -  it was a little pricey at $4 each and I think twice the amount would have been too much.


Chicken Merriam - plate

This week we are making ~

► Mini pizzas - We had friends over on Friday & did make-your-own pizzas with some nice dough from Publix. Now we’re just using up the leftover toppings!

Chicken Merriam (2 dinners, pictured above) - with some roasted veggies on the side.


And then the big move! I bet we’ll be eating out more than normal next week. ;)

No comments: