Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dinners for the Week(s)

I can't seem to shake this bad cold, still feeling miserable, so we've made more easy dinners lately (like a frozen breakfast egg scramble, or rotisserie chicken with veggies from the freezer). For breakfast & lunch I've been mostly living on cup-o-soups, ramen, anything with lots of broth! But we've also managed to cook a few recipes, which makes me happy. Last week we made...

Chinese "Drop-in" Soup

Sausage, Kale, & Lentil Stew (2 dinners)

Asian Drop-in Soup (pictured above)



And this week...

Chicken Tetrazzini

► (Frozen) Pot Stickers and Miso Soup - For the soup I follow the recommended ratios of dashi, water, & miso on my dashi mix (basically Japanese bouillon) and toss in some cubed tofu & sliced green onions. Bring the water nearly to a boil then remove from heat before adding the miso (boiling kills some of the healthy enzymes).

1 comment:

Nicole said...

i LOooooooVE lentil stew! so yummy!

xo