Sunday, December 30, 2012

Dinners for the Week

Bacon & Cheese Pinwheels - cooked

With Christmas, visitors, and New Years we've had one snack night after another! There has been easy stuff like frozen appetizers, chips & dip, crackers & cheese, but also lots of recipes. The first two were new to me ~

Chocolate Toffee Crunch - I was so curious to try these sweet & salty snacks made with Saltines! I worried that you'd need to use a candy thermometer to make the toffee, but you just melt butter, mix in brown sugar, and then pour it in a pan & bake. Super simple and it makes a ton! They were well received but I felt like they were missing something - perhaps a little salt in the toffee layer?

No-Bake Oreo Cheesecakes - Easy to make, good flavor, but they did not really set when chilled the way I expected. The texture was more like a mousse, which makes sense when you start off by making whipped cream. If I made these again I think I'd skip that step & just fold in some Cool Whip!

Ginger Scented Pecans - This is the one recipe be *have* to make every Christmas.

Bacon & Cheese Pinwheels (pictured above) - This & the dip below are old favorites we haven't made in a while. So good!

Chicken Ranch Dip (pictured below) - 8 oz. cream cheese, 1 packet of Ranch mix, & 10 oz. cooked shredded chicken (I usually use canned). Serve with pretzels!

Chicken Salad Dip

No comments: