Thursday, December 18, 2014

Sausage Ball Muffins, Faux Ice Cream

Another set of Snack Night experiments!

First I whipped up these Sausage & Cheese Muffins, which are supposed to be similar to sausage balls ~

Sausage Ball Muffins

These were very good, but much more light & bready than the dense sausage ball taste I was hoping for. I guess I'll have to try making real sausage balls one day!


And for dessert I made this faux ice cream I'd been drooling over for a while. Just mix chocolate pudding with Cool Whip & freeze!

Faux Ice Cream

It's toted as a 'light ice cream' if you buy light Cool Whip & sugar free pudding, but I just got the regular versions of both. I normally make pudding from mix, but since I knew I wouldn't be using the whole thing, I just grabbed a 4 pack of pudding cups. After a taste test, I ended up adding all four cups ~ not sure how much that measures out to in actual cups!

I love Cool Whip and chocolate pudding, so I knew I would love this. My husband was skeptical, but he was impressed & agreed it was really good. It came out rich & creamy, just a touch icier than the real stuff. Just make sure to let it sit on the counter for about 30 minutes before eating because it come out of the freezer rock hard!

No comments: