Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Low-cal Creamy Asian Peanut Dressing (14 calories per Tbsp.)

I have tried out about a dozen low calorie Asian style dressing recipes, and ended up tossing all of them and making up my own. I learned what ingredients and amounts I liked from the others and tweaked it until I came up with this yummy peanut dressing. PB2 helps give the dressing a peanutty flavor at a fraction of the calories, and is well worth buying for sauces & dressings.

Whenever I make a batch of this I label it "CRAP" (for CReamy Asian Peanut) to amuse myself. But it certainly does not taste crappy! If you are craving a sweet & creamy dressing, you'll love this one.

Low-cal Creamy Asian Peanut Dressing (14 calories per Tbsp.)

(For those of you counting calories, I've added the amount for each ingredient so you can easily make tweaks without having to re-calculate everything. Anything marked with an asterisk* may vary a lot based on what you buy, so make sure to compare your label.)

Creamy Asian Peanut Dressing  

2 Tbsp. PB2 (45)
1 Tbsp. Hellman's light mayo (35)
1/2 Tbsp. rice vinegar (8)
1 tsp. soy sauce (3)
1/2 tsp. minced garlic (0)
1 packet or 1/2 tsp. Splenda or Stevia (0)
1/4 tsp. grated ginger (0)

1/4 cup reduced fat buttermilk (28*)


Directions -
Stir together all of the ingredients except for the buttermilk. Add the buttermilk (you may want to do 1/2 at a time) and stir until well mixed.

Makes about 1/2 cup, 14 calories per Tbsp.

No comments: