Thursday, May 14, 2009

New pattern!

I'm so excited! Yesterday I finally put the finishing touches on the paisley pattern I've been working on & off on for what... two months? I can't believe it took so long!! But, I usually end up spending my free-time at work with printing, not much time for new patterns. And as you can see, this pattern is pretty intense! (For an idea of the scale, this image is most of a yard)

New pattern ~ needs a name!

Once again, I can't decide on a name. I'm kind of leaning towards "Whimsy" or "Peculiar Paisley". The second is a little too similar to the "Curious Curl" damask, but that might be a good thing. I don't mind the idea of (most of) the prints having a similar theme for their names. It makes it easier for me to come up with something, and gives them a unifying element. The names of the animal prints have their own theme, though I'm not sure if anyone has picked up on it yet. ;)

Now, this print won't be available as fabric until the summer, when we get things set up for the larger screens. Can you believe summer break is only a few weeks away?

No comments: