Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Steamy goodness

I recently realized that it has been quite a while since I posted some food shots around here. We really do cook almost every night, but a lot of it is recipes I've posted here before, or simple things that aren't really worthy of a picture/recipe. We even tried out a batch of new recipes, but nothing really excited me. I might revisit a few of those meals, but they will need a lot of tweaking before they are ready to share.

One thing we've finally got the hang of is our bamboo steamer. Line the trays with parchment paper, pop two pieces of fish on the bottom tier with a little lemon pepper, some green beans or broccoli in the top tier with a drizzle of italian dressing, and let steam for 15 minutes. A super quick & easy meal!

Steaming green beans

Just make sure to run the steamer for a good 2-3 hours before you use it the first time, or else the food will taste awful woody. I'm so glad to finally figure that out, and now the steamer is getting some use after years of sitting on the shelf.

No comments: