Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Puzzles, puzzles

Can you believe is it already September? I think the temperature dropped 10 degrees as soon as the calendar page flipped. In Georgia there is summer and winter, but very little in between.

Yesterday I pulled out one of the smaller screens and attempted to burn my owl pattern onto one. Justin suggested the idea, so that I could at least start printing a little again while I'm trying to get the large screens to work. And I admit, I was eager to see a screen turn out again, to reassure myself that I am capable of burning the image.

So, of course, the small screen turned out miserably too! The good news is that this means that the large screens are probably not to blame. The bad news? The problem could be anything, and I have no clue what to fix. Something wrong with the emulsion, soap, lighting, timing, transparencies? The list goes on and on. As far as I know, I'm doing everything the same as before, and the screens turned out perfectly then. I'm beyond sick of the not-knowing, the the exhaustion of cleaning out huge screens, and am going to start seriously looking around for someone to burn the screens for me.

Most frustrating craft ever!

Luckily, I think we are past the slump in orders, the last month has been dead. And yesterday I was thrilled to get my hands on a copy of the new Professor Layton game (new to the US at least). If you have fun answering all of those little puzzles they use on IQ tests, you'll love this game. (Cough, cough, Sarada)

No comments: