Friday, August 28, 2009

Potato Chips!

I got the most wonderful thing in the mail yesterday...

Potato Chips - maker

It's to make potato chips in the microwave!

Now, you probably don't know that I'm a chip-o-holic. I've even tried making chips in the microwave before, and this was before I had a mandolin to cut the slices. You had to lay the slices out on a plate, in a single layer, and keep flipping them over. You could only cook a few at time, and so it took forever to get through one potato. This is the beauty of the rack ~

Potato Chips - sliced

And really, that is all you need. In the first picture, you can see the rack sitting on top. Underneath that is the yellow piece, which is a blade for cutting the slices, and the clear part on bottom is a bowl to slice them into. I was wasn't expecting much out of the slicer, but I was hopeful. I couldn't get it to work at all though, so I pulled out the mandolin instead.

Potato Chips - cooked

Mmmmm. They are thick and crunchy like a kettle chip. Now to experiment with flavors! There are so many possibilities. I bought the set for $8 on eBay, and that included the shipping cost from China. Super cheap, and with potato chip prices being so high these days, it will pay for itself in no time.

No comments: