Thursday, October 15, 2009

Scrumptious Shrimp Shumai

We tried out this Shrimp Shumai recipe from Martha, and I have to say, I think this was probably the best shumai I have ever eaten! Normally I like a little soy sauce for dipping, but in this case it just covered up that delicious flavor.

Shrimp Shumai - filling

I did leave out the peanut oil, because that's not something we really keep on hand, and I think they were just perfect (and plenty moist). Why not cut out a few calories?

Shrimp Shumai - steamed

The shumai flatted out, as you can see, so I'll have to figure out how to make them stand a little taller next time. The recipe made 22 shumai, which would be perfect for appetizers for a group, but we added a little rice and miso soup and just made a meal out of it! Mmmmm.....

Shrimp Shumai - served

No comments: