Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Pumpkins & Playing Dress-up

Here is the pumpkin I carved and painted this year. I got the idea from a photo in a magazine, but I'm not sure which one (glanced at it in the grocery store). I'm also not sure how close it is to the pumpkin in the magazine, but when I saw those colors together I knew what I wanted to do.

My Pumpkin - 09

It was a troublesome project though, as the rain kept the first coat of (acrylic) paint from drying until I finally had to bring it inside. Then I could not find a small saw, so those rounded corners were a pain to do, and a pain for my wrist. But I think it was worth it in the end!

Chelsea quickly carved an old-school pumpkin so that we could have something to set out on the porch before the trick-or-treaters came. She is so photogenic!

Chelsea's Pumpkin

There really were pumpkins and gourds all over the house. Out on the porch a little pepper plant tried to blend in with all of the orange.

Pumpkins everywhere!

But this was my favorite, the prettiest pumpkin of all!

The prettiest pumpkin

A few people dressed up in costumes, though most were thrown together from things around the house.

Chelsea, Justin, Devin

Ashley, Stacey

Even the lamp got into the action! (Or else someone is wearing a very convincing lamp costume?)

Lamp Costume

Justin's dad dressed up as a birthday-boy. Oh wait, .... no, that wasn't a costume!

Birthday Boy

No comments: