Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chicken Satay Noodle Soup

We recently made this Chicken Satay Noodle Soup from Rachael Ray, and it was absolutely fantastic!

Chicken Satay Noodle Soup

Though I will never understand Rachael's insistence on using spaghetti for so many noodle dishes, especially when it is supposed to Asian style. Just buy some dang Asian noodles already!

Let's see ~ I used about 6oz. of rice vermicelli noodles (instead of 8 oz.), 1 tbsp. red curry paste (instead of 4 ~ I know ours is pretty hot, she must be using another kind!), no cilantro or lime wedge. There was enough filler for 4 servings, but enough broth for 5, so I'll be re-writing the recipe next time in an attempt to balance everything out, as well as throwing in a tip of my own. I'm sure Justin will be requesting we cook this again soon, though, so it shouldn't be too long!

No comments: