Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter Nails

I'm skipping over a few other nail pictures for now to show you what I did for Easter. I would have liked to use some kind of bunny but had nothing that fit the Easter theme other than one small cross, so I decided to just go with something pastel with Spring colors.

I used a pale mint green Bon Bons polish for the base (do they even sell Bon Bons anymore?) and that tiny bottle was a pain in the butt to use. Never again! I found some cute daisies on the Bundle Monster BM12 plate and stamped those in white.

Easter Nails, take 1

I think the flowers might have looked better running up the side of the nail a little bit, because having the small flowers in the center did not look great. I added some yellow dots to the center of flowers & a few around the small flowers to try to balance things a little better, but the whole thing just got a little too busy for my taste. I wanted something really pretty to show off!

I had only stamped the left hand when I started disliking the design, so I just left it that way for a while to decide if I wanted to do the other hand or not. After a couple of days I was still not loving it & luckily was able to wipe off the designs without removing much of the base color (I did not want to try to paint the whole hand again with that tiny bottle!).

For the second attempt I used my Konad M51 plate, running the non-spotted edge diagonally across my nail. It turned out really pretty & delicate*.

Easter Nails, take 2

*Maybe too delicate. My mom said she could see dots but couldn't tell they were flowers. She probably also needs to put her glasses on.

No comments: