Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Abstract Flag Nails

I had a different manicure planned for this week but at the last minute I remembered July 4th was coming up! I thought I'd give this awesome firework manicure a try, but without that stamp the dots were just too big and were covering up all of the pretty rainbow flakes. Finally I gave up and went with a simple abstract flag.

July 4th 2013 Nails

On the thumb and index finger I used Color Club "Cold Metal" as the base, topped with a holographic shard topcoat, Color Club "Diamond Drops". The rest of the fingers were painted with Milani "White on the Spot", with a little China Glaze "Snow Globe" over the halves that would remain white for sparkle. I then used some Scotch tape to mark off half the nail, added a few coats of China Glaze "Ruby Pumps" and removed the tape for the crisp lines.

I feel like this would have looked better with three stripes per nail instead of two, but otherwise I liked the results. Not too bad for a last minute design!

No comments: