Friday, February 27, 2015

5:2 Update - Week 6

Workouts - I've got a pretty regular workout routine now, so I won't bother updating anymore with how much I'm working out each week. Every weekday I do about 10 minutes of weights and 20 of Zumba (cardio). I'm having such a fun time with Zumba, I hope it lasts!

Progress - I hit the 5 lb. mark at week 4, and after 6 weeks I am down 9 lbs!! (Justin is too.) My waist and thighs have gone down another 1/2" or so since the last update, and I definitely feel like all of my clothes are fitting so much better. I can't wait to see how the next few weeks go.


Meals, Week 4 -
Lunch - Progresso Light soup
Snack - Potato, mushroom, and egg bake
Dinner - Chicken, mushrooms, & asparagus (sauce failure!)

Chicken, Asparagus, & Mushrooms (sauce failure!)

I finally gave the Progresso Light soups a try and they were really tasty and filling! Neither the snack or dinner recipes turned out very well this week so I won't go into more detail on those.

This week I tried having a small meal between lunch & dinner instead of using my last 200 calories on random snacky things. The first day I was *starving* after dinner, which was a first. So it seems I actually do better having a smaller snack between meals and leaving myself 50-100 calories for a treat right after dinner.


Week 5 -
Lunch - Progresso Light soup
Dinner - Chicken & Gnocchi Soup

Low-cal Chicken Gnocchi Soup (206 calories)


Week 6 -
Lunch - Chicken & Kale Scotch Broth (soup)
Dinner - Asian Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower, & Chicken

Asian Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower, & Chicken

I made a few tweaks to the Scotch Broth soup to get the calories down from 250 to 200 and took some new pics so I can share it here soon. The sauce for the dinner was delicious, but I need to work on the ratios (less chicken, more veggies).

Breakfast was the only time I felt somewhat hungry on diet days before (since it is skipped), but by week 6 that has gone away. I'm less hungry for it on normal days too. (I actually wouldn't mind skipping breakfast everyday ~ I never know what to eat & usually end up grabbing a Pop Tart or Hot Pocket! So healthy.)

No comments: