Monday, February 9, 2015

Red & Silver Arabesque Nails

I have so many recipes that I took photos of, and then they sat around forever in my "To Blog" folder. There are at least 15+, and some are as old as 6 months, or even 1 year! I really need to kick myself in the butt and start posting them!

When I was looking through the pics morning, I noticed a picture of a manicure I forgot about from the end of December ~

Red & silver arabesque nails (Born Pretty Store #17)

I got a few Born Pretty Store stamping plates for my birthday. They are super cheap (and go on sale often), but they take about a month to arrive in the mail so they came right around Christmas. They stamp really well! (They also sell some off-brands here, but I don't know how well they work.)

The base color is an unnamed Wet N Wild Megalast red that came in a sample set. I've had bad luck with some Wet N Wild in the past, but the Megalast seemed nice. Then I stamped with plate BP17 in Pure Ice "Silver Mercedes". This is one of those combos I wish I'd tried on a nail wheel first. I thought silver & red was pretty safe, but with so much silver, the colors just looked odd. A black base would have been lovely though!

No comments: