Friday, March 27, 2015

5:2 Update - Week 10, 2 months

So, I was originally planning on posting a 5:2 update every three weeks with a list of the meals we made for diet days (as well as a progress report on how much weight & inches I've lost so far). But as I looked over our meal plans for the last few weeks, I realized it just looked like a list of all of the recipes I've posted here recently! And that's pretty boring. For the sake of adding a photo, I will say that my favorite recipe since the last update was probably the Chicken & Mushroom Chow Mein.

5:2 Chicken & Mushroom Chow Mein (191 calories)

The other problem with measuring and posting an update every 3 weeks is that it sometimes coincides with my bloaty week, and you can't get any kind of realistic numbers until that's over. So I'm thinking every 4 weeks would be a better time to do measurements & updates, and then I don't have to worry about that little issue. It looks like that will usually fall right around the month mark (since I started 5:2), so that's nice timing too.

Progress ~
I've lost about 5 lbs. since my last update for a total of 14 lbs! I've also lost another inch off my hips and thighs.

Backsliding ~
Lately I've been averaging about 1.5-2 lbs. a week, but week 8 I actually lost a crazy 2.5 lbs! And so the next week I thought, 'I should live it up a little! I don't need to lose that much a week.' Unfortunately that week we also had ice cream, jelly beans, and Nutty Butty Bars in the house, and so 2 weeks later I was only down 1 lb. While I'm bummed that I basically lost a week or two of progress, it was a good reminder not to go overboard on the non-diet days, and to limit how many bad foods we have at once!

I'm pretty excited to see what the next few weeks brings! Planning meals is usually the worst part of 5:2 to me, but I've got lots of new ideas brimming right now & can't wait to share the results.

No comments: