Monday, March 16, 2015

Grilled Pork Belly Skewers

We love getting crispy pork belly skewers from our local Japanese restaurant, so Justin has been itching to try making some at home. A few weeks ago we tried this delicious recipe. The marinade was wonderful!

Pork Belly Skewers

Justin tried to cut the pork belly lengthwise into thin strips, but it was difficult to do and ended up a bit too uneven. Some areas grilled up thin & crispy while the thick spots just seemed fatty, and I really hate biting into a giant chunk of fat! As tasty as they were, I think the marinade would be just as heavenly on a leaner cut of pork next time, but I'm not sure if I can convince Justin of that! (I'll at least take over the cutting next time and cut across the meat to make small pieces like he did in the recipe.)

No comments: