Friday, March 20, 2015

Asian Chicken Over Noodles (Fail)

The sauce on this Slow Cooker Chicken with Cashews recipe looked so tasty, I gave it a try for my weekday lunches (minus the cashews, because I didn't have any on hand). I generally don't like the texture chicken gets in the slow cooker, so I decided to just make it on the stove. And there is really no reason to throw this one in a crockpot ~ after browning both sides of the chicken, just add the sauce, warm it through, and the chicken is cooked through anyway. The result?

Asian Chicken over Noodles

The sauce has potential, but all I could taste was the vinegar! What a shame. I added more brown sugar and that really did help, but next time I'll definitely halve the vinegar (or less), and maybe replace the ketchup with oyster sauce. I think it's worth trying again.

No comments: