Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Recipe Round-up

When I try a new recipe, I usually take a picture, and I'm not really sure why! If it turns out bad or blah, I feel like I shouldn't share it here ("Hey, here's a recipe you totally shouldn't make!"). And even if it turns out good, there are almost always changes I want to make next time, which means I'll need a new picture. I figured I might as well round up a bunch of those pics and post them together, since they don't need a lot of details. At least they can serve as eye candy! A lot of these will be showing up again later, once I've worked out the kinks.


Chicken Cordon Bleu Noodle Bake

Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake - I increased the sauce & meat, which was a good choice, but next time I think we'll sub shredded cheese instead of sliced.


Japanese Chicken Wings & Asian Brussels Sprouts

Slow Cooker Japanese Chicken Wings - I followed her directions for cooking these on the stove, and it was OK but didn't really 'wow' us. It was a fun chance to try daikon, though! My husband really liked it.

Also in the pic, Crispy Asian Brussels Sprouts. I took these out early and they were still nearly burnt, so the timing is off, but the sauce was delicious!


Dorito Dogs

Dorito Dogs - A fun recipe I thought the kids would enjoy. And we did too! Next time I'll use half a slice of cheese, and only make about 3 (the leftovers are good, but soft).


Chinese Buffet Green Beans

Chinese Buffet Green Beans - Nice flavor, but a little too mild. I'm not sure if adding more sauce will help, but I'll try it next time!


White Spaghetti Bake, 1

White Spaghetti Bake, 2

White Spaghetti - We love Martha's Chicken Tetrazzini & aren't really looking for a replacement, but this one was pretty different. I liked her suggestion of calling this "White Spaghetti". It turned out tasty, and I'd love to remake it with thin spaghetti or even angel hair pasta for something different.


Cantonese Claypot Rice

Cantonese Claypot Chicken - Delicious! I'd like to use more rice next time around. I didn't add the salted fish or Chinese sausage, but will if I see some at the market.


Singapore Noodles

Singapore Noodles - Something I am tweaking for a diet day. It ended up being super salty because of our curry powder, so I'm going to have to find a new one.


Oyakodon

Oyakodon - Good, but we don't like this one nearly as much as the beef version, Gyudon. And we have plenty of chicken recipes already, it would really have to stand out!


Hoisin Pork Noodles

Hoisin Pork - Tasty, but knowing how high in calories pork is, I'd probably make it with chicken in the future.


African Chicken Peanut Stew

African Chicken Peanut Stew - Have you ever made a recipe, weren't very impressed by it, but a few months later you find yourself craving it? I originally thought this was too close to our Chicken Satay Noodle Soup, but with a lot more work & less flavor, but I'd like to try it again with the sweet potatoes it called for (I used regular potatoes, shame shame).

I'm still not sure if it's a good idea to take pics of recipe trials, but let's face it... I'll probably keep doing it anyway.

No comments: