Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Ton of New Recipes

I am a bit backlogged with pictures of new recipes that we tried recently (or a long time ago). So in an effort to clean out my folders a bit, let's just throw a bunch together in one post!

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs ~

We've made these 3 times now, they are so good & easy to make! We buy the mini pepperonis for these (tiny & cute). I used a regular muffin tin & filled each up hallway, and don't forget to grease the pan because these do like to stick. They are way better dipped in spaghetti/marinara sauce, so the 3rd time I tried topping each with a little sauce and sprinkle of cheese. Those were good, but didn't puff up as much, so I'm not sure if I'll try that again or leave them as-is. Recipe here.


Green Bean Shira-ae

Green Bean Shira-ae ~

From my new favorite Japanese food blog, recipe here! I actually didn't have enough sesame seeds for this so I used half (seasoned) sunflower seeds and it was really good. Both the toddler & husband also enjoyed this one.


Tsukemen

Tsukemen (Dipping Noodles) ~

Another from that blog, found here. This was good, but a bit too similar to our Miso Ramen (which we like better). Dipping the noodles was not as exciting as it sounded, so the 2nd night we ended up mixing everything together as a soup.


Shredded Coconut Cabbage

Shredded Coconut Cabbage ~

I got inspiration from this and this recipe, hoping for something that would look as tasty as that 2nd link! I always have savoy cabbage on hand and have been looking for some ways to use up the leftovers. This was pretty good, I need to try it again. Here's how I made mine ~

Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Saute 1/3 cup shredded coconut for 30 seconds. Add 1 thinly sliced onion and 1 Tbsp. grated ginger. Saute for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add 4 cups shredded savoy cabbage, 1 Tbsp. oil, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cook on medium heat for about 7 minutes, stirring frequently until the cabbage is nicely browned. (I have a hard time imagining that I used 2 Tbsp. of oil, so that might be a typo.)


Peanut Butter & Choclate Brownies

Ooey Gooey Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies ~

I've made these twice, but the first time was for a Father's Day gift & we only had a small taste. I made these later for a meeting and they were a big hit. From another favorite blog, found here.


Parmesan Hash Brown Cups

Parmesan Hash Brown Cups ~

We had some leftover hash browns in the freezer so I gave this recipe a try. I did not want mine to be as dark as hers so I baked them for 45 minutes (instead of 60-75) and they were golden brown and super crispy. They were a bit dry though, so I tried them again with a sprinkle of cheese on top. The cheese made the tops a little prettier & golden, but I think they need a little egg or cheese or something inside for moisture.


Meatball Bubble Biscuits

Meatball Bubble Biscuits ~

These were *really* good, and pretty easy to make, though I was getting tired of wrapping by the end (there are 20). I used whole meatballs and a pinch of shredded cheese and we both thought they would be even better with a dab of sauce inside. I would love something like BBQ in there, but my husband was rooting for spaghetti/marinara. They definitely lend themselves to lots of filling possibilities! Recipe here.

No comments: