Monday, March 17, 2014

Bento #11: Sushi Shamrock

I'm skipping ahead on the bentos a bit to show you the simple sushi box I put together for St. Patrick's Day...

Bento #11: Sushi Shamrock

Bento #11: Sushi Shamrock

I rolled up some (imitation) crab and cucumber and sliced it like normal for the sushi. On four of the slices I pinched the side to form a point, then arranged them with the four points together to create a four leaf clover. I took one more slice and cut it in half, flattening it a bit to create a long triangle. I sealed the cut side with a scrap of nori, then curved it a bit and used it for the stem. And finally, I tucked a few cucumber slices around the stem to keep everything in place.

I used a new box for this one ~ did you notice? I bought two a little while ago & don't like the dimensions as much, but for this lunch it was a good fit. Of course my son wanted nothing to do with it, but a mom's got to try. We'll see how the green dinner goes tonight!


Supplies Used:



No comments: