Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Living Room - Paint Mock-ups

Last week I posted some of our favorite Mid-Century Modern Couches & asked if you could guess which one we chose. Here is the beauty we bought ~



I was worried it might be a shade too green, but in person it definitely is not. It could stand to be a little greener, actually!

We also purchased this lovely loveseat to go alongside it ~

Target pic - Velvet Canary Settee

The color is *so off* on this one though, it ended up being a big disappointment. Instead of the vibrant, mustard yellow pictured, we ended up with a very muted, pale yellow. (The color is much closer to the "French Yellow" linen settee by the same brand.) Here are the two couches together ~

Living Room, current

We considered going through the hassle & cost of returning the yellow couch, but I couldn't find anything similar that I liked in the same price range. And the shipping boxes had already been cut, colored, & turned into play houses, haha! I thought I would come to terms with the pale yellow, but I hate it enough that I think I'm going to have to get a little crafty & 'fix' it myself.

But for now I'm having fun with some mock-ups of wall paint colors!

For the pics I also tweaked the color of the yellow couch (a little brighter, with a touch of orange) and threw in a few other items we are considering buying. After many tests, here are our three favorite combinations ~

Living Room, paint idea 1

I love the cheery yellow walls above, & this was originally my favorite combo. But the more I look at it, the more I feel like the colors just don't work.

Living Room, paint idea 2

Above is Justin's favorite, but the room is a bit dim, so I want to use a light color on the upper wall to keep things bright.

Living Room, paint idea 3

And this is what we are currently leaning towards. I had originally nixed the double teal because I thought it was too much blue, but once I saw it with the yellow accents mixed in I liked it.

Which one do you like?


No comments: