Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday: Getting Things Done

This week we did a lot of much-needed cleaning for a visitor, and I finally caught the miserable coughing cold the boys had a week or two ago. Unfortunately I was not able to tackle too many projects on my list, but I did get some researching and shopping done. This week I...

♦ Tried 2 new recipes and made an old favorite with the "Cream of" substitute

♦ Organized my jewelry drawer, mostly just straightening up Orson's mess! I need to go back and put rubber bands around all of the boxes for earrings, bracelets, etc. to keep him from opening them and dumping everything into a big pile.

♦ Made gum paste! I made a half batch of Cake Central's recipe (subbing light corn syrup for glucose) with the hope of turning it into these mints from One Good Thing by Jillee. It's been in the fridge a few days now & I'm afraid to check on it! (worried it will be all dried out) Fingers crossed!

♦ I forgot to post about this before, but a few weeks ago I tried roasting a spaghetti squash, following Childhood List's recipe. We love roasted Butternut squash, and most of the winter squashes, but I wasn't too fond of this one. The 'noodles' were a little crunchy, which makes me think it didn't bake long enough, so I may give it another try.

♦ The big accomplishment of the week ~ we saved all of the money needed for our medical deductible! (for the upcoming delivery) Now we have 2 more months to get a few things for the baby and the house before we lose my salary for a year.

♦ With that out of the way, I started shopping around Craiglist for a nice, white crib. I used to love pinning items from Craigslist on a private board so I could see the pictures, prices, and other info all together, but now Craigslist always gives me errors. Currently I have to throw together a webpage for that ~ annoying, but worth it.

♦ I've been scouring eBay for nice, small lots of baby clothing & have already found some awesome stuff! So far I've bought about 25 items for about $1.50-2.00 each. (I also picked up some larger warm PJs for Orson since he's growing like a weed.)

♦ I've gone over our recipe list & marked lots of meals that we might be able to freeze. Last time we had people bringing meals for 3 weeks after the delivery and it was a bigger help than we had imagined! Now that we're in a new city I don't think we'll be quite so lucky, so my goal is to double several of our meals over the next two months and put away half in the freezer.

No comments: