Sunday, April 21, 2013

Polenta with Chorizo & Queso Fresco, Chicken Parmesan Bake

Polenta & Chorizo with Queso Fresco

Polenta with Chorizo & Queso Fresco (doubled for 2+ dinners, pictured above) - I found this new recipe searching for some way to use up some of the Queso Fresco we accidentally bought last week! We used regular grits, about half of the tomatoes called for, and meant to add in a little fresh chopped spinach but we totally forgot when making it! It made a lot of food & definitely did not need to be doubled. The Queso Fresco was interesting ~ I read it was similar to feta, but it had more of a waxy texture & not as strong of a flavor.

Justin *loved* this recipe, but I was not impressed. I am not much of a Mexican fan though (and hate cilantro), so you can’t really take my opinion. To serve it you lay down the polenta & corn mixture, top with the chorizo & tomatoes, and sprinkle the queso & cilantro over the top. Justin raved about how each layer was so flavorful on it’s own, and they created a complex mix together. (Poor guy ~ I doubt we’ll make it again!)


Chicken Parmesan Bake with Pan-fried Asparagus (2 dinners) - I’d been craving this one for weeks, but we kept having one recipe that was too similar (chicken topped with bread cubes or something with tomato sauce & cheese) so I put it off. I wanted to make this one as a freezer meal, but didn't want to buy that much chicken. Oh well ~ it was delicious!

No comments: