Want a quick & pretty decoration for Valentine's Day? Here is a tutorial for the easy Valentine's Day garland I made last year, along with a new variation. All you need is construction paper, scissors, and a stapler.
Chained Heart Garland ~
1) Grab a few sheets of construction paper in any color. I'm using pink and red. Stack them up and cut out long strips about 1-1.5" wide. (This does not have to be too precise, so feel free to eyeball it)
2) Fold one strip in half and staple above the fold.
3) Bend the ends down and line them up to create a heart shape. Staple the ends together.
4) Grab a new strip. Fold and staple the end like step #2.
5) Bend the ends down like before, but link one end through the previous heart before stapling.
6) Repeat to create a long chain of hearts.
Linked Heart Garland ~
1) Cut strips like above. Fold one strip in half and staple above the fold. Fold a 2nd strip (don't staple).
2) Bend the ends of the first strip down and line up the ends. Tuck the ends into the fold of the 2nd strip and staple.
3) Repeat to create a long chain.
These were fun to create and would be a great craft for kids old enough to wield a stapler. Before you know it your house will be covered in hearts!