Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday: Recent Recipes

This week we made...

Pad Thai (2 dinners) - I missed this so much! I really need to figure out how to make a good sauce though (this stuff is a little pricey). You can also find the noodles as an Asian mart for much cheaper!

► Bratwurst with Pan-fried Cabbage

► Toasted Sandwiches (lunchmeat) with Veggies & Dip - For the dip I use 16 oz. sour cream, Knorr's Vegetable Soup mix (not Spring Vegetables!), toss in about 1/4 cup of Parmesan and a sprinkling of Garlic powder.


And one new recipe...

Penne Rosa with Shrimp

Penne Rosa with Shrimp (2 dinners, pictured above) - When I stirred in the final ingredients for this recipe I was a little disappointed. The sauce was rather thin & looked nothing like the creamy tomato sauce I was expecting from the photos. The taste was good, but a little mild. So I doubled the yogurt & marinara, and once I mixed that in the dish looked & tasted a lot more like we expected! (the photo was before this step)

With that change the recipe was definitely a winner (we also only needed 1 tomato to reach her 1/2 cup estimate). The best part, it only took about 15 minutes to throw together! This ended up making 4 large servings. Next time I would't mind a little more shrimp, but a full pound might be too much.

No comments: